Corresponding member Izet Zeqiri was born on 2nd of January 1967 in the village of Džepčište near Tetovo. In 1989 he graduated from the Faculty of Economics at the University of Pristina and in 1993 he enrolled on the postgraduate studies at the Faculty of Economics on the University “Ss. Cyril and Methodius” in Skopje where he obtained a Masters degree in 1998. In 2001 he obtained a PhD degree at University in Pristina.
Corresp. mem. Izet Zeqiri carried out the following management functions:
- 1996-1999 – Superior in the Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Macedonia;
- 1999-2002 – Dean of the Faculty of Economics at the University of Tetovo;
- 2000-2002 – Head of the regional units of the State Market Inspectorate of Macedonia in Tetovo, Gostivar and Kicevo
- 2005-2006 – Director of the Center for Business Development at the University of Southeast Europe;
- 2008-2011- Dean of the School of Business and Economics at the University of Southeast Europe.
- 2011 to 2013 – Member of Parliament and member of the Parliamentary Committee on Education, a member of the Interethnic Relations Committee and deputy member of the Committee on Economic Affairs
- 2016 – Dean of the Faculty of Business and Economics at the University of Southeast Europe
Corresp. mem. Izet Zeqiri in his academic career includes the following positions:
- 1998-2000 – lecturer in the group of subjects of management at the University of Tetovo;
- Since 2002 up today: Lecturer in the group of subjects of management at the School of Business and Economics at the University of Southeast Europe;
- 2004 – Lecturer in the group of subjects of management at the Faculty of Economics, University “Dardania” in Pristina;
- 2013-2016: Lecturer on PhD program studies at the Faculty of Economy in Prilep.
In his perennial professional and scientific work he especially concentrates on the research of the following problems:
Socioeconomic transition of the Republic of Macedonia and the other economies in the region, as well as models for economic development in a period of economic, political, cultural and other transition; research of the management worldwide and in Macedonia; research in the area of strategic management and strategic planning; research of the business development strategies of companies in the Republic of Macedonia; active participation in conceptualizing and drafting of draft texts of many laws and regulations, especially in the socio-economic area and the economic system in the Republic Macedonia.
The scientific and applicative activity of corresp. mem Izet Zeqiri is multidisciplinary and according to the published papers, presentations and scientific and professional projects can be systemized in the following main areas: research, presentations and projects in the field of socio-economic transition; research, presentations and projects in the field of management and research, presentations and projects in the field of strategic management. During his career he has published a number of scientific papers and books, and has participated in many international conferences.
During his academic career corresp. mem. Izet Zeqiri published the following books:
- Menaxhmenti strategjik – Krijimi i përparësisë konkurruese, Skopje, 2016
- Menaxhmenti strategjik: Analizë, formulim, implementim dhe kontroll strategjik, Skopje, 2011;
- Kriza globale ekonomike dhe bizneset e vogla në regjionin e Pollogut;
- Employee satisfaction: A Factor that influences the performance of companies in the region Pollog;
- Satisfakcioni nga puna si faktor që ndikon në suksesin e kompanive në regjionin e Pollogut;
- Management: koncepte, praktika, zhvillim aftësish nga teoria në praktikë 2009;
- Management: Koncepte, praktika, zhvillim aftësish, 2006;
- Financial Management: Information system for managing the finances of the company, Tetovo, 2004;
- Creatively against “FOR”: the vicissitudes of an unfinished term, Skopje, 2014 edition of the Macedonian language
- Realitete ekonomike, Tetovë, 2002.
Corresp. mem. Zeqiri has published many scientific articles and papers, of which as the most significant can be pointed out the following:
- Innovations as a business growth tool. In Competitiveness and economic developement: Chalenges, goals and means in a knowledge based society;
- Entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial developments with special emphasis to the Republic of Macedonia;
- Knowledge Management and the Strategic Orientation of Business Organizations; Advantages, disadvantages and reasons behind the implementation of performance management measures in business practices;
- Knowledge Management and competitive advantage of small business; On the importance of strategic management process for the operations of a contemporary business. In Regional economic integration and development: Challenges for the Ballkan;
- Strategies for Achieving Competitive Advantage. In Economic Integration into EU: Challenges and Opportunities; Regional economic development of the Republic of Macedonia as a precondition for integration in EU;
- Contemporary View on Leadership in Organizations; Knowledge management as a challenge to company integration in the global economy (Published in Macedonian language);
- Strategic Planning in Function of Quality Assurance in Higher Education Institutions in Macedonia;
- Human Resource Management in Contemporary Business Organizations: A Literature Review; External Environment Analysis: A Focus on SE’s in the Republic of Macedonia.
- An Analysis of CSR in the Republic of Macedonia.
As a Corresponding member of the Macedonian Academy of Sciences and Arts he was elected in 2015.